Monday, February 1, 2016

Another year already?

We all know about that favorite road, the one paved with good intentions.  I certainly seem to have worn quite a path in that thing, I've ordered fabric, I have bought fabric in NYC but I certainly haven't been sewing!  Right now I'm in Florida, with neither a JoAnns or Hancocks anywhere around and since I won't be home for another 6 weeks, I'm resisting the urge to order several patterns.  I keep clicking around the Grainline site and a few others - I probably need to not even look but I see something that a faster has posted and off I go on another search.  Maybe this time would be better spent working on a sewing schedule for when I get home - what pattern with which fabric and then stick to it!

I'm anxious to see Sarah's 40 this year - love the khaki pants - Mulberry Silks has the pattern so I will make a stop there on a spring road trip to visit relatives.  I fell in love with a silk T that I saw online so I bought silk in NY to try and recreate a $300 shirt - just wish I had made a note of the pattern I saw that should work for that.  I bought a really nice piece of red melton with the idea of using it on a Marcy Tilton pattern but now I'm wondering if it might be too stiff to fall well - will play with that as well before it gets hot.  Good intentions abound this year - since a move may throw a monkey wrench in all that, maybe I had better learn to sew fast!

Happy sewing all

No comments:

Post a Comment