Saturday, January 17, 2015

The Beginning

I've called this "The Beginning" because I just joined the 2015 RTW Fasters!  Sarah got my photo and name posted in the list but I wasn't happy with the Flickr stuff I was trying to put together so I decided to hop back to blogger and hope it would be more friendly than it was the last time I tried it.

I'm on pins and needles trying to set up this blog! My previous attempts haven't been successful - forgot, too lazy, no computer access, lots of reasons!  But I have "sew"enjoyed reading about the 2014 RTW fasters and all they have done when they joined Sarah at Goodbye Valentino, that I knew I had to get back to sewing for myself!  Unfortunately, I have already broken the fast by buying a cute Eileen Fisher knit top at a local thrift shop - actually, it was before I joined the group - but I will do better!

Since I am in Florida until March, away from sewing machine, patterns and fabric, I can't be sewing until I get home.  But, I have a list of patterns I want to try and I purchased some fabric before I left I can't wait to cut into!  Until I get there, I will be knitting, trying to finish some unfinished projects.  That counts as sewing doesn't it?

Well, obviously, I need to figure out how do decorate the blog, post pictures, etc.  So far, I'm not seeing anything that tells me how to do this so for a while, I'm afraid it will be pretty boring.

3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to what you come up with to sew! As a fellow "blogger" blogger, I can tell you that editing your blog is really fairly easy! From the page listing your posts (notepad icon) you should be able to see the menu choices on the left. Templates and Layout are what you want to use to add sections to your blog page. Enjoy playing with it!
    http://originationsbyj.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your blog and with your sewing exploits... you'll be successful on both fronts, I have no doubt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these tops. Isn't it wonderful when you find one pattern that you can use multiple times to get all sorts of different looks? You can use different fabrics to dress them up or down and do all sorts of creative things with one basic pattern. Kudos.

    ReplyDelete