Thursday, March 19, 2015

Shirt photos

Since I don't have anything to show yet for 2015 and an ironing board cover really doesn't count, I'm posting the only things I made last year.  Three tops/shirts from online somewhere, all of which have been worn repeatedly.

This one you have already seen but the photo shows more of the fabric - I can't tell you how silly I feel standing in front of a blank wall trying to take a picture of myself!  Maybe everyone feels the same?   Number 1:

I should have pulled the bottom down a bit - but didn't in any of the shirts.  Number 2:


Another with the bottom hiked up - I got tickled thinking about posing for photos!  And, finally, number 3:



As I put these on for the posing session, I realized how much I have learned just by reading your posts and looking at pictures.  I know now that I have some fitting issues that have to be dealt with - I never learned fitting in home ec classes in the dark ages.  I think we took a few measurements, bought a pattern and fabric, cut it out, sewed it up and wore it!  The shoulder is a little wide in all of these and I can't believe it but some wrinkles indicate a full bust adjustment is needed.  ME, needing a
FBA - amazing!  Sort of poor fit or not, I have loved these tops.  We travel a lot and they are wonderful to ball up in tiny spaces in the suitcase, never wrinkle, dry overnight and are comfortable no matter the weather.  I have yardage for several more but will search for a better pattern than what I cobbled together!


No comments:

Post a Comment